About Me

Hello my name is Kaylee I am 20 years young. I am from a small town if central BC where my hobbies consisted of rodeo and basketball, with there being not much to do and having your hometown built around a rodeo arena makes it so one almost doesn’t have a choice to rodeo. But with a family who was raised through rodeo makes it hard to not enjoy it. This summer, July 2017, I was recently crowned my home towns rodeo queen. I now proudly hold the title of Miss Williams Lake Stampede Queen 2017. With this title I get to not only be a representative for my home town and it’s rodeo but I also get to travel to many other places and their rodeos to promote the Williams Lake Stampede. Already I have gone to many amazing places like the Calgary Stampede and the Omak Stampede in Washington State, only to name a few, and with my year only being part way through I will hopefully get to go to many other wonderful places as well. I come from a family of 2 sisters, which I am the middle child and was raised by my mother. I graduated in the year 2015 and started university the following fall which now brings me to my third year in general studies at TRU. I plan to get a Bachelor of Arts degree with a Major in English and a Minor in History, and from there I plan to get my Masters in Education. From a young age it was pretty clear which career path I wanted to take, that was to become a teacher. I have a love for being with children and feel that I want to be able to give back to my community when I am done school. Also with being first nations I want to be able to set higher standards for all students but mainly first nations students and become a role model for all children like myself to prove that anything is possible as long as you put your mind to it. Becoming a teacher is part of the reason I am taking history, as I love learning about the past. I also feel it is very important to learn about all types of history in detail, as I am a believer that if history is never taught that we can not learn from our mistakes and successes, which could lead to history repeating itself. I have also found history very interesting because in a way this is how we have been constructed today.